Some police departments schedule a five-stage physical agility test that includes a 220-440 yard run (distance depends on the academy), sit-ups, push-ups, an obstacle course, and sit-and-reach flexibility test.
What do you do in the agility test?
To perform the Agility T-Test a client is asked to run from the start point 10 meters forward to point one, sidestep to point two before sidestepping to point three, side stepping back to point one and then running back to the finish. The process is then repeated side stepping in the other direction first.
What are examples of agility tests?
Sport Specific Agility Tests
- Lane Agility Drill (basketball) (SPARQ)
- AFL Agility Test (Australian Football)
- Run-a-Three (cricket)
- Reactive Shuttle (NBA)
- Shuttle Cross Pick-Up (hockey) (SPARQ)
- FIFA Change of Direction Ability (CODA) — forwards and sideways running over 8-10 meters (Football Assistant Referees)
What is the most common test for agility?
The T-Test is a common field test of agility that is normally performed on the athlete’s regular playing surface. This test is especially useful for sports that require athletes to sprint forward, move laterally, and backpedal such as football, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball.
How can I test my agility at home?
8 Best Agility Training Exercises
- Lateral Plyometric Jumps. Lateral plyometric jumps help build explosive power, balance, and coordination by using our natural body weight. …
- Forward Running, High-Knee Drills. …
- Lateral Running, Side-to-Side Drills. …
- Dot Drills. …
- Jump Box Drills. …
- L Drills. …
- Plyometric Agility Drill. …
- Shuttle Runs.
What is the average score on the beep test for a 13 year old?
|12-13 yrs||< 3/3||6/5-7/5|
|14-15 yrs||< 4/7||7/5-8/9|
|16-17 yrs||< 5/1||8/3-9/9|
|18-25 yrs||< 5/2||8/6-10/1|
What are 10 examples exercises to improve agility?
10 Agility Moves That Make Working Out Feel More Fun
- Lateral jump.
- Two jumps forward, one jump back.
- Squat out / hop in.
- Single-leg forward hop.
- Lateral lunge.
- Side-step toe touch.
- Skater with toe tap.
- Plank jack.
What muscles are used in agility?
Muscles worked in agility training include:
- calf muscles (lateral and medial gastrocnemius, soleus)
- shin muscles (anterior tibialis)
- quads and hip flexors (vastus lateralis and medialis, tensor fascia latae, rectus femoris)
- hamstrings (biceps femoris, semimembranosus, semitendinosus)